Trustee/Local Governance Vacancies
We currently have vacancies on the Osprey Learning Trust board of Trustees, as well as on our local governance boards.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Are interested in children’s education and the performance of a group of schools
- Have an enquiring mind, and has the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that have an impact on the quality of education we provide
- Can consider matters strategically, objectively and can make informed judgements
- Have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Are able to work well as part of a team
What is the role of our governance boards?
The board of Trustees is the governing body for all the schools within the Trust and has three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Chief Executive Officer and other executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the Trust’s schools and their pupils, and the performance management of its staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and making sure its money is well
We currently have five schools within our Trust:
- Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
- Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane
- Cockwood Primary School
- Kenton Primary School
- Kenn CofE Primary School
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to free training in respect of education and governance matters
In practice, what will I be expected to do?
- Regularly attend governance or board meetings, having read the information submitted electronically in advance of the meeting so that you can ask relevant questions and provide appropriate challenge to executive leaders during the meetings. The information submitted in advance consists of reports, from a number of sources to help you form an opinion of how our schools are performing and the key issues they are facing;
- Attend appropriate training and read information updates to help you understand your role;
- Use your skills and knowledge to be part of a committee or portfolio holder. We have a number of different committees and portfolios within the LGBs and Trust board – they include Finance, Audit, Resources, Safeguarding, Welfare, Personnel, Educational Outcomes, to name a few;
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the governance structure;
- You may also be asked to make occasional school visits and/or to occasionally meet with staff to help monitor a specific area of responsibility (e.g. safeguarding).
If you are interested, or know someone who would be, please email email@example.com and we can explain the different roles available.
Application Form | Word Doc
Teacher of Technology
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a teacher of technology to work at Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road.
We are looking for one or more outstanding Design and Technology teachers to join our enthusiastic and committed Technology and Art team. We would especially welcome teachers able to deliver Food (Hospitality and Catering) or teachers with a strong interest or experience in Auto Motive Studies as we currently run an IMI Award. The successful candidate(s) could be either part time or full time.
The closing date for this role is 9am on Monday 1st November. Completed application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Head and Head of English
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint an Assistant Head and Head of English at Teignmouth Community School Exeter Road.
Please find attached a vacancy for an Assistant Head and Head of English. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 9am on Monday 18th October. Interviews will take place on Thursday 21st October (TBC).
Assistant Head of English
Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane, are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support within Key Stage 2. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Teaching Assistant to join our experienced team.
Closing dates for applications will be 9am Friday 5th of November 2021.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 9th of November 2021.
Teaching Assistant Job Description
Teaching Assistant Job Advert