Trustee/Local Governance Vacancies
We currently have vacancies on the Osprey Learning Trust board of Trustees, as well as on our local governance boards.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Are interested in children’s education and the performance of a group of schools
- Have an enquiring mind, and has the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that have an impact on the quality of education we provide
- Can consider matters strategically, objectively and can make informed judgements
- Have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Are able to work well as part of a team
What is the role of our governance boards?
The board of Trustees is the governing body for all the schools within the Trust and has three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Chief Executive Officer and other executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the Trust’s schools and their pupils, and the performance management of its staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and making sure its money is well
We currently have five schools within our Trust:
- Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
- Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane
- Cockwood Primary School
- Kenton Primary School
- Kenn CofE Primary School
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to free training in respect of education and governance matters
In practice, what will I be expected to do?
- Regularly attend governance or board meetings, having read the information submitted electronically in advance of the meeting so that you can ask relevant questions and provide appropriate challenge to executive leaders during the meetings. The information submitted in advance consists of reports, from a number of sources to help you form an opinion of how our schools are performing and the key issues they are facing;
- Attend appropriate training and read information updates to help you understand your role;
- Use your skills and knowledge to be part of a committee or portfolio holder. We have a number of different committees and portfolios within the LGBs and Trust board – they include Finance, Audit, Resources, Safeguarding, Welfare, Personnel, Educational Outcomes, to name a few;
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the governance structure;
- You may also be asked to make occasional school visits and/or to occasionally meet with staff to help monitor a specific area of responsibility (e.g. safeguarding).
If you are interested, or know someone who would be, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can explain the different roles available.
Application Form | Word Doc
Clerk to the LGB at Teignmouth Community School
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to Clerk to Governors for two of our schools within our Trust, Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road and Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane. The post holder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to the local governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters by ensuring compliance with the Scheme of Delegation other relevant Trust polices and structures.
Clerk to LGB Job Description
Osprey Learning Trust Application Form
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Maternity) – TCS Exeter Road
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a Marketing and Communications Assistant. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the school’s digital communications channels including the website, social media, photography and rich media. They will be a confident, self-starter with a demonstrable interest in and experience of using a range of digital media. The role reports to the Principal and will work across our school to support the wider education community.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 9am on Wednesday 14th July.
Marketing Comms Advert
Osprey Learning Trust Application Form