Trust Catering Manager
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a Catering Manager to the Central Trust Team. The post holder will ensure high quality meals are served to Trust schools and other contracts within the local community.
Being responsible to the Trust Executive Team, the post holder will develop and provide nutritious and cost-effective menus across the Trust and ensure that catering staff are trained and supported to deliver a high standard of service each day.
Closing Date: Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 12 noon
Trust Catering Manager Job Advert
Osprey Application Form Support Staff
Physical Education Teacher (Fixed Term to 31/08/2021)
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Physical Education on a full-time, fixed term basis, however there are also options for those interested in a part-time role. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning of allocated classes across KS3 and KS4. This will include planning, preparation and assessment for all allocated classes and will involve the successful candidate contributing to the development of the department.
Closing Date: 10am, 20th November
PE Teacher Job Advert
Osprey Application Form Teachers
Teacher of Vocational Education, which includes Travel and Tourism, Health and Social Care and the possibility of some Business Studies
Osprey Learning Trust is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Vocational Education, which includes Travel and Tourism, Health and Social Care and the possibility of some Business Studies also. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of teaching and learning of allocated classes across KS4 and KS5. This will include planning, preparation and assessment for all allocated classes and will involve the successful candidate contributing to the development of the department.
Closing Date: 10am, 19th November
Advert for teacher of Vod Ed including HSC and Travel Tourism
Osprey Application Form Teachers
Director/Local Governance Vacancies
We currently have vacancies on the Osprey Learning Trust board of directors, as well as on our local governance boards.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Are interested in children’s education and the performance of a group of schools
- Have an enquiring mind, and has the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that have an impact on the quality of education we provide
- Can consider matters strategically, objectively and can make informed judgements
- Have an enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Are able to work well as part of a team
What is the role of our governance boards?
The board of directors is the governing body for all the schools within the Trust and has three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Chief Executive Officer and other executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the Trust’s schools and their pupils, and the performance management of its staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Trust and making sure its money is well
We currently have five schools within our Trust:
- Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
- Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane
- Cockwood Primary School
- Kenton Primary School
- Kenn CofE Primary School
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to free training in respect of education and governance matters
In practice, what will I be expected to do?
- Regularly attend governance or board meetings, having read the information submitted electronically in advance of the meeting so that you can ask relevant questions and provide appropriate challenge to executive leaders during the meetings. The information submitted in advance consists of reports, from a number of sources to help you form an opinion of how our schools are performing and the key issues they are facing;
- Attend appropriate training and read information updates to help you understand your role;
- Use your skills and knowledge to be part of a committee or portfolio holder. We have a number of different committees and portfolios within the LGBs and Trust board – they include Finance, Audit, Resources, Safeguarding, Welfare, Personnel, Educational Outcomes, to name a few;
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the governance structure;
- You may also be asked to make occasional school visits and/or to occasionally meet with staff to help monitor a specific area of responsibility (e.g. safeguarding).
Application Form | Word Doc