OSPREY LEARNING TRUST
Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane
ASD Teaching Assistant – September 2019
TEMPORARY (Linked to External Funding)
NJC – Point 4
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
Teignmouth Community School, Mill Lane, are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant with previous experience of working with autistic pupils, to support children with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and SEN within our school. The successful applicant will be required to support individuals on a 1:1 basis, assisting with classwork, behaviour management and helping pupils with their daily routine.
We are looking for experienced teaching assistant who can contribute to the support plans in place for autistic students in the school. You will need to have experience working with children, and be able to build a good rapport with children. The ability to work effectively as part of the SEN team, and use your initiative, is essential. The role will be both challenging and rewarding for the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/duties/skills to include, but are not limited to:
- Be creative and have the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher
- Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
- Adapting support according to needs
- Looking after children’s physical, social and emotional welfare
- Support learners in talking about their learning needs with teachers
- Build relationships with learners, their families, and other professionals
Osprey Learning Trust is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults. If successful, you will undergo an Enhanced Level DBS check.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Interviews w/c: Monday 23rd September 2019